Table of Contents
EV Charger Installation Services
There was once a time when the very notion of electric cars was basically science fiction. But with the rapid advancements in technology coupled with massive and ever increasing knowledge about the benefits of going green, the usage of electric vehicles is increasing. Already, the UK Government has announced that by 2030, petrol and diesel cars will no longer be sold.
This simply signals that electric cars are here to stay, and so the need for charging points will only increase over the coming years. At the London EV Charger Installation company, we are your answer to EV charger installation near me. We are certified to install your home EV charger and cover all areas within Greater London. We install a wide range of different charger points, be it at a supermarket, a company car park, or a started residential home.
We also handle the installation of Smart Energy monitoring and load limiting devices. This will help you accurately track just how much energy is being used per charge. This can be done with your computer or your smartphone. We are also OLEV Approved Installers, so you can be entitled to the £350 OLEV subsidy on the installation of each charging socket. This is subject to eligibility.
Alternatively, you can book online by filling our booking request form.
How We Work
When it comes to helping you install your home EV chargers, we have a particular framework for our work.
- Contact us for a brief consultation to understand your installation needs such as best EV charger, total cost and Gov Grant eligibility.
- We will perform an exhaustive survey of your home, to ensure that your charger can be safely and legally connected to your home. Sometimes, it might be necessary for us to liaise with your electrical network provider for legal authorisation for your charger to be installed.
- After the survey, we will give you a quote for the non-standard costs you can expect to pay. There will be no additional costs. We finalise the total price and the suitable location at your premises to install your EV charger, along with the date / time of installation.
- Then comes the installation of your home EV charger. The cabling for your charger will be connected to your fuse box by using the latest regulations and guideline for domestic EV installations.
- After installation, your chargers are tested and certified to be running at 100%. In case your home doesn’t have enough capacity to support your charger (don’t worry, this happens fairly occasionally, and even with homes that have 100A supply), our chargers can easily be fitted with load management technology that checks if there is enough power for your charger to charge your electric car. If not, it turns down power to your charger till there’s enough supply.
- Once installation of all necessary components is done, we complete your OZEV documentation for you, so you can benefit from the £350 EV charger subsidy. Please note that we would need a few basic details from you to do this.
- Lastly, we provide you with NICEIC Electrical Installation Certificate.
Benefits of using an EV Charger
Having an EV charger installed in your home is very important, and also advisable. The following are a few benefits of using an EV charger, particularly in your home.
- Safety and Speed
Electric cars can also be charged by standard 13 amp, 3 pin sockets. But this carries enormous risks. For one, the excessive electrical load could lead to an avoidable fire hazard in your home.
Also, charging your electric car with a standard 3 pin socket would be equal to a trickle charge. This could suit you if you don’t use your electric car much, but if your electric car is your daily drive, then it would be too slow for you.
With your own EV charger, you’d be able to charge your electric car much quicker. It would also take away the chances of a fire accident as a result of the huge load your electrical system would carry to charge your car.
- Preservation of Battery Life
The battery of your electric car is similar to that of your smartphone, in that charging over time makes it less power effective. To slow down this process, it is important for you to constantly charge your battery fully or almost fully, rather than a few charges here and there with a public charging station.
The best way to get your battery fully charged as often as you can is by having your own home EV charger installed.
- Increase in Property Value
The electrical car market is majorly an emerging market. The increase of public awareness about how environmentally friendly it is will undoubtedly increase the perception of homes with an EVA charger. Installing an EV charger in your home now is akin to future proofing your home.
In the not so distant future, more and more homebuyers would prefer homes with an EV charger unit.
- Convenience and Compatibility
Installing an EV charger in your home gives you a lot of control when it comes to charging your car’s battery. You don’t have to wait at public charging stations, and this gives you a greater level of convenience when charging your electric car.
Also, the majority of EV chargers are compatible with a wide range of electric cars. So, even if you have 2 or more electric cars from different EV manufacturers, you’d have no issues with charging them.
Why Choose Us?
- OZEV approved and accredited
All the installers on our team are OZEV approved and certified. As a company, we are also NICEIC Registered and fully Insured.
- 3 year guarantee
Our EV chargers all come with a 3 year warranty. This covers you in case of any damage within that time frame, so you don’t have to worry about the extra cost.
- Vast industry experience
Our EV installers have a minimum of 5 years experience in installation, maintenance and repair of EV chargers.
- Fixed pricing and 24/7 response
We have a Fixed Pricing Policy, therefore No Hidden Extra Costs and a super fast 24/7 response rate.
Need Electric Car Charger Installation Services in London? Contact Us today!
Whenever you’re in need of a reliable and professional home EV charger service in London for installation or maintenance, then call the experts at the London EV Charger Installation.
We’d be very pleased to answer your questions.